Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday in Santorini

Hiya. I'm in Oia (ee-ya) on Santorini. A small town famous for sunsets. The ferry ride was painless...in fact it was pretty enjoyable. I read a fantastic book (The People's Act of Love - thank you Alysson!) pretty much nonstop. I was glad to stop thinking about the actual trip for awhile.

My last night in Rhodes I moved from the new town to the old town and stayed in a little hotel run by a guy from Queens. He had guitars all over the place and we started talking and he loaned me his bass for the night...so I got to play some music which was really fantastic. Then I met four guys from Detroit who had just been through Turkey. We drank some retsina (a Greek wine made with pine resin), they gave me some tips on Turkey and one of the guys is going to be in Istanbul indefinitely so I'm going to look him up when I get there. It was a really good last night in Rhodes...and I was ready to get out of there.

This computer does not have an accessible USB port so I'm not sure when I'll get pictures up here but you've all seen Santorini in photos...it's the volcano rimmed with white and blue houses and churches. The most famous of the Greek Islands, anyway. I'll probably get out of here tomorrow if I can work out the ferries to Samos. Things are a little slow on Sundays in Greece so we'll see how it works out. I will let you know...

No comments: