Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mamelodi.

I've arrived in Mamelodi (a township just outside Pretoria) for my month of teaching. The family I'm staying with is fantastic. I feel very welcome here.

Tomorrow I teach my first class - "Introduction to the Internet." I hope I am qualified to do this. I'll have ten students, one computer with internet access and two hours everyday Monday through Friday to cover email, googling, and job hunting among other things.

Teacher friends - send me advice. And everybody please wish me luck - I'm nervous!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You'll be fine. I've been winging it for 6 weeks and nobody seems to notice! Be confident. Student can smell nervousness and doubt. You'll be great. Love Stacey

RougeMistress said...

Best of luck!

Unknown said...

I wish you the best luck !!!! my sis had been teaching comp. to elementery classes. She says its easy. You are also great on internet as you are on blogging!!!