Monday, August 27, 2007

You can't trust anyone.

This is the main problem. For example:

Rickshaw drivers: I've had two take me the wrong place and refuse to take me to the right place. I've had one who claimed not to have enough change to give back to me, so essentially was double what he should have been paid. I had another, from the supposedly official pre-paid taxi booth first insist I didn't need to pay the person working in the booth, that I could just pay him. I had to practically stick my head in the booth to get the person working to pay attention to me, then I paid that person (who again didn't have correct change so I was overcharged), who gave the receipt to the driver - the same guy who tried to get me to avoid the booth in the first place. He drove me back, directly, but upon arrival told me I had to pay him again, and I said, "no, I don't have to pay you again, I've already paid, you have the receipt." And he said, "no you give me the slip or you give me the money, if you don't have the slip you have to give me the money." and we argued back and forth until finally he said, "oh yes, here is the slip." and drove off.

I can't deal with this every single time I need to get somewhere.

No comments: