Monday, August 13, 2007

"Do you understand now, Katie, the reason we have faith in God?"

Yesterday, Sunday, we visited one of the church members in the Mamelodi Hospital. The Mamelodi hospital is public hospital for those who can't afford private care, and don't have any kind of health insurance. I've never been in a place like this. I never visit anyone in the hospital to begin with (yeah, I know, I work in one).

I don't want to go into details about the conditions of the patient but he didn't look well. Frankly, there aren't many details to give because he had only been seen once by a doctor since being admitted on Thursday morning. Once.

So, we discussed this after leaving the hospital and it was explained to me that the faith of people of Mamelodi has to be strong - because they don't, they can't, have faith in anything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you know what we mean.....
Capetown will be perfect to mull it all over, process it all, and try to figure out what it all means.