Friday, August 31, 2007

Offending people left and right.

It sounds like I'm totally trashing India. Ok, I am. I think I've been too honest. Maybe I need to keep some things to myself, like I did in the other places I've visited. It's getting better though.

The reality is, everyone told me NOT to go to Delhi, but I was stubborn becaues I wanted to see the historical parts of the city. They told me NOT to visit during the monsoon season, but there wasn't much flexibility (in my opinion) for my dates to travel here based on the other things I was doing. They told me the South of India is much nicer in general, but I'm in North India. So, the point is, I can't say I wasn't warned about these things.

But, I still don't think any amount of advice/research can prepare you for this place.

4 comments:

laudita said...

good luck katie. i'm thinking about you. i can't imagine what you are seeing/experiencing. thanks for keeping us back in the states updated, no matter how hard it may be.

Anonymous said...

how long are you staying? and where's next??

Katie said...

I'm in India until next Tuesday. Then, Kathmandu for two weeks or so.

Unknown said...

Katie you are great!!! stand on strong girl!! I m sure you'll enjoy Katmandu more. Take a pic. with a Lama please. Katmandu 's more peaceful and green. Enjoy it. Ckeck out my photographer ex-bf' website for india pics. www.aylavyu.com ( pronounsation of "I love you" in turkish)