Saturday, September 15, 2007

Annapurna for ten days.

I'll have to update you on everything when I get back - the internet connection here is terrible and it's about to thunderstorm!

To summarize. Read a book called "Magic Bus" on the very long very hot bus ride to Chitwan. Spent some time in a dugout canoe, walking through the jungle and checking out rhinos from the top of an elephant. Then, another long hot bus ride to Pokhara where the clouds are hiding the high Himalayas. Met four British college kids who went to boarding school together, three of the four of them got conjunctivitis and I hope I don't get it somehow. I think half of Nepal and India have conjunctivitis.

Tonight, I'm packing for the hike and charging everything I need. I met my guide, Dipu, and I think we'll get along just fine. I should be back on the 25th or 26th. I don't think there will be internet access for the duration of the trek, but, really, you never know.

Tons of pictures when I get back. I hope two gigs of memory will be enough...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Conjunctivitis, a.k.a. "Madras eye." (Learned that from Wikipedia.) I hope you don't get it! -- Alysson