Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ramada Plaza JFK

Yes. I'm still in New York. I should be over the Atlantic.

Here is the play-by-play:

9:45 a.m. Left home
11:45 a.m. Arrived at BWI - waited in line for an hour to check in
1:15 p.m. Got to the gate - flight delayed
1:45 Time the plane was supposed to leave
2:30 Boarded the plane to JFK
3:35 Plane arrived
3:30 Time I was supposed to check in with Olympic Airlines
4:00 I arrived at the Olympic Airlines desk (running running running from the end of Terminal 8 to Terminal 1 - taking the Air Train that only goes one way)
4:01 Started crying when they told me I couldn't get on the plane. Continued crying because Olympic Airlines told me I have very little chance of getting on a plane tomorrow because they are all full for a week. Three other people on my flight from Baltimore also missed the connection. Someone behind the desk actually came over to console me.
4:30 Walked to American to see about a hotel voucher and my luggage. Waited in line for one hour. Got a hotel voucher and three meal vouchers.
5:30 Went to the luggage desk at American. Waited 20 minutes. My bag is no longer in their possession but with Olympic Airlines.
6:00 Went back to the Olympic desk to find out about collecting my luggage. The desk is not staffed. Went to the Olylmpic baggage desk. That desk is not staffed either.
6:05 Called my travel agent. Asked about my options. (1) standby for an indefinite number of days (2) buy a new ticket with one day's notice for approx. $800 with hope but no guarantee of a refund of any kind. Got a useless 1-800 number for Olympic that no one ever answers. Gave up on the luggage. Told the travel agent I'll call her back in an hour because she can't call me because I have a UK number.
6:30 Back on the Air train for the fifth time to the hotel shuttle pick-up. Took the shuttle.
6:50 Make phone calls to my parents and called my travel agent four times. She didn't answer.
7:25 Went to the bar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Way to get all your bad luck out of the way right at the beginning!

Hope you are on your way to sunny Athens as we speak. The office is thinking of you....

ciao,
Linnea

Anonymous said...

Oh, Katie...not the way I'm sure you wanted your adventure to begin. I hope you are on a plane right now!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so messed up. I hope you get to Greece soon. Good thing you packed your revolver in your carry on luggage.

- Andy

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so messed up. I hope you get to Greece soon. Good thing you packed your revolver in your carry on luggage.

- Andy

(PS)not sure if the first comment went through...