Thursday, May 3, 2007

Immunity

I opted for some, but honestly, not all of the recommended vaccines (I left out rabies, hoping for the best despite my history of animal attacks). This involved several visits to the travel clinic and quite a few shots (not bad, really) over the course of a few months. Here is the list...

Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Diptheria
Tetanus
Pertussis
Japenses Encephalitis
Typhoid

In addition to the above, I'm taking along malaria pills and extra-strength medication for the, uh, traveler's upset stomach. I'm travelling alone and can't think of anything more inconvenient than being ill so I'm currently eating a lot of probiotic yogurt, taking along Emergen-C (I'm a believer) and an extensive first-aid kit. I have bug spray with and without DEET and serious sunscreen. And, of course, medical insurance. Cross your fingers please.

No comments: