Monday, June 11, 2007

KPHTH

Tonight is my last night in Crete (KPHTH is Greek for Crete, by the way). I arrived in Agios Nikolaos this afternoon and had my longest walk with the pack so far. It's time to lighten the load, seriously. I'm shipping some stuff back tomorrow (Mom, it will probably arrive in about two months). Ag. Nikolaos is a pretty quiet town, not much happening, looks like mostly families here. Still quite a few tourists, but not as many has Xania or Rethymno. I chatted with a girl (ok, she's 28) in the shop and she said it's very boring around here, no theatre, no music, only one cinema that gets movies a year after their Hollywood release. But, she's always lived here and said she can't imagine living anywhere where she could not be near the sea. So, she'll stay.

No comments: